Think & Tinker, Ltd.
P.O. Box 1606, Palmer Lake, CO 80133
Tel: (719) 488-9640, Fax: (866) 453-8473
Sales: Sales@ThinkTink.com, Support: Support@ThinkTink.com
Tin/Lead Electroplating Module
Getting things ready
- While unpacking the crate, inspect the unit for damage. If any damage is found, report it to Think & Tinker immediately.
- Place the cart in a well lit, well ventilated work space
- Unpack all of the system components and inspect them for damage. As above, if any damage is found, report it to Think & Tinker, Ltd. immediately
Cart top components
- The cathode clamp is taped to the inside of a cart leg. Remove the tape, but leave the clamp in place until you are ready to leach the tank
- Unbolt the anode baskets from the buss bar and remove each one from the anode hanger plate. Remove the anode hanger plate.
- Remove the rubber band from the float switch (fig. 4). Be very careful not to dislodge the float or twist the body of the switch as this might cause the seal to leak. The float switch is used as a safety switch to control the recirculation pump. The magnetic drive pump must not be allowed to run dry. The float switch is connected to a relay that breaks the AC line if the solution level drops below the center of the switch. The contacts in the switch are intended for pilot (low current) application only. Never try to control a pump or heater directly with this float switch.
Set the anode hanger plate into place with the ribs facing down into the tank.
Drain valve closed
- Set the anode baskets into the anode hanger plate but do not connect to the anode buss (bar connecting the anode baskets). It will be necessary to remove the baskets one final time so leave them free for now.
- Before proceeding make sure that the drain valve is closed and the PVC cap is screwed into place at the end of the drain hose. Although no fluid can leak from the system unless the pump valve (see fig.2 & 6) is in the drain position, it is better to be safe than sorry.
Sales: 1-(719) 488-9640 Tech Support: 1-(719) 488-9640 Fax: 1-(866) 453-8473
Copyright © 1994 - 2014 Think & Tinker, Ltd.
Updated 2/13/2014 8:36:58 AM