Think & Tinker, Ltd.
P.O. Box 1606, Palmer Lake, CO 80133
Tel: (719) 488-9640, Fax: (866) 453-8473
Sales: Sales@ThinkTink.com, Support: Support@ThinkTink.com
Model 4200 Series Laminator Manual
Film Loading & Threading IV
CAUTION THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE IS PERFORMED WHILE THE LAMINATOR IS HOT.
USE EXTREME CAUTION. AVOID CONTACT WITH THE HEAT ROLLERS.
Method For Tacking New Film to Existing Film
The following describes a method for loading film whereby the existing film present on the heat rollers may be used in place of the threading card to draw the new film through the laminator. The adhesive of the existing film must be tacky or liquefied. Leading edges of the new film will be overlapped onto the tacky adhesive of the old film. The existing film and the new film will be pulled through the laminator together.
- Preheat the laminator. Remove the feed tray.
- Cut remaining top and bottom film webs between the supply rolls and heat rollers.
- Raise safety shield to full upright position.
- Do not allow the adhesive side of the film to contact the heat or pull rollers. Liquefied or tacky adhesive deposited on heat rollers will require the rollers to be cleaned per the section entitled CARING FOR THE THINK & TINKER DRY-FILM LAMINATORS.
- Remove bottom film supply roll from laminator and lower bottom film guide.
- To load new film on film supply shafts repeat steps 9 and 10 in subsection Method Using Film Threading Card.
- Unroll enough film from the bottom roll of film to slide under the bottom idler bar and tack to the existing film. Slide the bottom idler bar back into place and replace supply roll shaft.
- Replace the top supply roll shaft and unroll enough film to tack to the existing top roll of film.
- Install feed table and lower safety shield.
- Press SLOW button for slowest speed setting and press the RUN button.
- Observe the film being pulled through the laminator to assure that the remaining existing film and the new film are advancing concurrently. Any separation between the films will require stopping the motor immediately and the situation corrected.
- Press the STOP button once the newly threaded film is completely exiting the laminator.
Sales: 1-(719) 488-9640 Tech Support: 1-(719) 488-9640 Fax: 1-(866) 453-8473
Copyright © 1994 - 2014 Think & Tinker, Ltd.
Updated 2/13/2014 7:36:56 AM