Think & Tinker, Ltd.
P.O. Box 1606, Palmer Lake, CO 80133
Tel: (719) 488-9640, Fax: (866) 453-8473
Sales: Sales@ThinkTink.com, Support: Support@ThinkTink.com
Photopolymer Dry-film Developing Module
Operation/Stripping photoresist and soldermask
Stripping photoresist and soldermask
When it is time to remove the photopolymer from the board:
- Preheat the stripping solution to 130°F (54°C) ± 10°F and pour into a Pyrex tray large enough to accommodate the board.
- Put a "spacer ring" on each corner of the board and set into the tray.
- Lift up one end of the the tray and position a 1/4" (6 mm) wooden dowel rod crossways under the approximate center.
- Gently rock the tray back and forth across the dowel rod for 2 minutes.
- Flip the board over and rock for another 2 minutes.
- Lift the board from the solution and allow most of the stripper to drain back into the tray. Most of the photopolymer should also slip off of the surface of the board and drop into the tray. If it does not, return to the stripper for 2 more minutes (flipping at 1 minute).
- When the entire surface of the copperclad is free of polymer, rinse the board thoroughly in warm tap water.
- Using an abrasive copper cleaner designed for PCB use, clean and rinse the copper surface.
- After drying, the board is ready for further processing.
Sales: 1-(719) 488-9640 Tech Support: 1-(719) 488-9640 Fax: 1-(866) 453-8473
Copyright © 1994 - 2014 Think & Tinker, Ltd.
Updated 2/13/2014 8:36:56 AM