Think & Tinker, Ltd.
P.O. Box 1606, Palmer Lake, CO 80133
Tel: (719) 488-9640, Fax: (866) 453-8473
Sales: Sales@ThinkTink.com, Support: Support@ThinkTink.com
Photopolymer Dry-film Developing Module
Getting Things Ready/Draining and Purging the System
Draining tank into carboy
Draining and purging the system
The tank can be totally drained using the valve located at the end of the drain tube.
- Put on your acid proof smock and gloves and a facemask (or a pair of safety glasses with full side shields).
- Have enough plastic 5 gal. (20 liter) containers (carboy) to hold all of the leaching solution. The solution can be stored indefinitely for later use (in the event of system contamination) or CAREFULLY neutralized using sodium carbonate (or sodium hydroxide, lye) and disposed of.
- Remove the drain line cap, and hang the outlet into the first container. OPEN the drain valve.
- Watch the solution level in each carboy
- When the solution level drops below the activation point for the float switch, the heater will cut off.
- Continue filling the carboys in this manner until the drain valve is above the level of liquid in the tank.
- Use a 1-liter (or 1 quart) plastic pitcher to drain the remaining liquid from the tank.
- CLOSE the drain valve and replace the cap.
- The tank is now ready to be charged with developing solution.
On the web since 1994
Sales: 1-(719) 488-9640 Tech Support: 1-(719) 488-9640 Fax: 1-(866) 453-8473
Copyright © 1994 - 2014 Think & Tinker, Ltd.
Updated 2/13/2014 8:36:56 AM