Think & Tinker, Ltd.
P.O. Box 1606, Palmer Lake, CO 80133
Tel: (719) 488-9640, Fax: (866) 453-8473
Sales: Sales@ThinkTink.com, Support: Support@ThinkTink.com
Acid-Copper Electroplating Module Model 1000 Manual
Getting things ready - Leaching II
- Continue filling the tank with the leaching solution until the float switch is completely covered.
- Plug the power cord into a suitably fused wall outlet and turn on the main power. The pump will come on and start circulating the leaching solution through the plumbing and filter bowl.
- While the leaching solution is circulating, it is a good time to adjust the flow of air through the sparger. Before we start, totally close the needle valve mentioned above and open the master air valve. Adjust the pressure regulator to 5 psi. Flip the air switch on the control panel to the ON position. The internal lamp will illuminate to indicate that the air solenoid valve is OPEN. Gradually open the needle valve until uniform agitation is evident along the entire slot in the anode hanger plate. If the solution level in the tank is just touching the stainless steel ribs hanging from the bottom of the plate, adequate agitation occurs when the entire slot is roiling but no liquid is splashing out.
- Using the air switch on the control panel, cycle the air solenoid a couple of times to flush the leachant in and out of the sparger plumbing. Carefully examine all connections and seals for leaks. If any are found, contact Think & Tinker immediately.
- Lift each anode basket out of the bath and let it drain a couple of times. This will carry out any contamination on the anode nuggets and insure that each nugget properly conditions when you use your plater for the first time.
- Let the solution circulate overnight to leach the tank and all of its components. This will remove any residual contamination that remains after the leak testing and QC process performed at Think & Tinker.
- After leaching is complete, turn the main power and air switches OFF. Do not change the adjustment of the needle valve.
Sales: 1-(719) 488-9640 Tech Support: 1-(719) 488-9640 Fax: 1-(866) 453-8473
Copyright © 1994 - 2014 Think & Tinker, Ltd.
Updated 2/13/2014 7:36:56 AM