Think & Tinker, Ltd.
P.O. Box 1606, Palmer Lake, CO 80133
Tel: (719) 488-9640, Fax: (866) 453-8473
Sales: Sales@ThinkTink.com, Support: Support@ThinkTink.com
Acid-Copper Electroplating Module Model 1000 Manual
Getting things ready - Filling I
- Remover the anode baskets and anode hanger plate and set aside in a clean, safe place.
- Inspect the valves to make sure that the (fig. 2, 5 & 6):
- tank valve is OPEN
- pump valve is set to RECIRCULATE
- drain valve is CLOSED
- filter valve is OPEN
- Dissolve the cupric sulfate crystals in 5 gallons of hot (140°F , 60°C) deionized water.
- Add the cupric sulfate solution to the tank.
- Remove the safety cap from the drain line and hold the outlet over a 1 liter pitcher.
- Rotate the handle on the pump valve to the DRAIN position (fig.6). Make sure that the filter valve is in the OPEN position (fig.2).
- OPEN the drain valve (fig.5) and prime the pump by allowing about ½ liter of electrolyte to drain into the pitcher.
- Rotate the pump valve to the OFF position (fig.6) and allow all of the liquid in the drain line to empty into the pitcher. After the line is clear, CLOSE the drain valve (fig.5) and replace the screw cap.
- Rotate the pump valve to the RECIRCULATE position (fig.6).
- Turn on the main power switch to start circulating the solution through the filter. If the pump cavitates (no solution being pumped), turn off the power and repeat the priming operation above. The solution level in the tank will drop slightly as the filter bowl fills with electrolyte.
- Using the recipes in the following table, CAREFULLY add sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid, and PCM+ brightener / leveler to the tank
Sales: 1-(719) 488-9640 Tech Support: 1-(719) 488-9640 Fax: 1-(866) 453-8473
Copyright © 1994 - 2014 Think & Tinker, Ltd.
Updated 2/13/2014 7:36:56 AM